TERMS & CONDITIONS
Here’s the legal bit! Many apologies for being so formal - but we have to have all the legal words below somewhere on our web site. If you have any problems or want to discuss anything about your order then please do not hesitate to phone us on 07510 330110
The term Alura Candles, Alura Candles Limited or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 13 Western Road, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 4BE. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may lead to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent from Alura Candles Limited.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
This website and its content are copyright of Alura Candles Limited. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
• You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
If you would like information on how to include any Alura Candles Limited content on your site please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAIL ORDER HOURS OF OPERATION
MON - FRI 9.00 – 4.30pm
We are closed at weekends, bank holidays and over Christmas / New Year
MAKING YOUR ORDER
There is no minimum order, however orders under £35 will incur P&P charges. All prices are quoted in GBP sterling and include VAT.
We accept orders by email, phone or online.
We reserve the right not to fulfill the order and will issue a full refund if the order is not commercially viable.
We accept most major debit or credit cards, postal orders and cheques
If paying by cheque or postal order we recommend you contact us for up to date prices and stock availability.
Once placing an order you will receive an automatic confirmation of your order from our web site. We will contact you if there is any problems with you order. All secure payments are handled by Stripe.
We do not receive or keep any credit card information regarding the payment through our web site.
FOREIGN ORDERS, REP OF IRELAND, CHANNEL ISLANDS & EU
We only ship to UK mainland addresses.
DESPATCH & DELIVERY
Delivery is charged based on the weight of the goods sent and is based on mainland UK addresses excluding Highlands and Islands Region. For Northern Ireland,Highlands and Islands and other island addresses please phone for a delivery quote. We do not normally deliver outside the UK MAINLAND.
An order size of 1 or 2 candles is delivered by Royal Mail Second Class signed for service. This service costs £4 for one or two candles. Deliveries usually take 2-3 days but are not guaranteed within that time and can take longer.
If you require faster delivery for a small order, please contact us on 07510 330110 as we can arrange a 24 hour tracked service which will cost around £8. This service it is not available via web sales.
An order size of 3 or more candles is delivered by DPD which is a 24 hour tracked service. This service costs £8 and is the only delivery option available for orders of 3 or more candles. Please ensure that your e-mail details given at the time of ordering are correct as you will receive delivery updates via e-mail
We can despatch to an alternative delivery address, but goods cannot be left unattended.
There are, unfortunately, times when delivery fails to meet expectations. In these circumstances we will do our utmost to find out where the package has gone astray and keep you fully & promptly informed.
We work hard to keep stock of all our products. All products visible on the web site – should be in stock. If we make a mistake and your candle is not immediately available we will contact you immediately and manufacture your candle as soon as we can. It takes about 3 days to make a candle from start to finish.
We want you to be happy with your order, but if for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase and wish to return all or part of it please contact us before sending items back. In this way we can deal with your return as swiftly and efficiently as possible. We will refund the full value of your order including postage if you return the goods for any reason. For non-faulty goods your return should be made within 14 days of receipt and returned items should be in perfect, unused condition. If you have received a faulty/damaged item please contact us as soon as possible after receipt of your order to arrange a replacement or refund. We will give a full refund or send replacements free of charge. For all returns we strongly recommend you obtain proof of posting. It would also help us a great deal if you could note any box damage on delivery and keep any evidence of damage in transit so that we may be able to claim from our delivery company.
If for any reason you wish to cancel, return or refund outside of the legally required periods please give us a call and we will be happy to help you. We are very proud of our products and the quality of the service we offer and will make every effort to provide you with the best service.
Customers have 14 calendar days to cancel an order/contract and goods must be returned to us within 14 calendar days of cancellation. Please phone us (07510 330110) if you wish to cancel your order. A full refund including all postage will be given.
Before ordering or entering into a contract customers are asked to be aware of the Model Cancellation form contained within Schedule 3 of the Consumer Contracts
(Information, cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 a copy of which is reproduced below:
To: Alura Candles Limited, 13 Western Road, Hertfordshire, HP23 4BE, 07510 330110, email@example.com
I/We* hereby give notice that I/We* cancel my/our* contract of sale of the following goods ..................../* for the supply of service .................ordered on .............../*received on .....................
Name of consumer:
Address of consumer:
Signature of consumer: (only if this form is notified on paper)
*Delete as appropriate
All of our goods are handmade & constructed of natural materials, some variation in colour & size should therefore be allowed for. Glass shape can vary and colour of the wax can vary in shade. We produce a high quality product but we cannot guarantee that two candles purchased will exactly match each other.
TITLE TO GOODS
All goods supplied by Alura Candles Limited remain our property until all outstanding payments are made in full. Your order represents a contract to supply goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and we retain the title to the goods supplied until full payment is received.
Alura Candles Limited (‘we‘, ‘us’) respect your privacy and do not sell, rent or loan any identifiable information collected on this site. Any information that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented. From time to time we may use your registration details to provide you with information about other products and services that may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive this information you may opt to remove your contact information from our database at any time.
USE OF INFORMATION
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. Examples of such information are:
• Your name
• Your mobile telephone number
• Your email address
The information collected may be used to send you the information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you. We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about our site visitors’ traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
We do not hold any financial information or credit card details on this site and all secure online payments are made through Stripe.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
Any changes to this policy will be posted here.
We treat all the data held with the utmost care and security. All details you give will remain completely confidential.